Contact Lens Do’s and Don’ts
We love contacts and want you to love them too, but don’t forget they are a medical device.
- Always wash your hands before handling your lenses. Be sure not to use soap with lotion, as that will leave a
- hazy film.
- Before insertion, check each lens for damage, and make sure it is not inside-out.
- Clean each lens daily by rubbing the lens for 10 seconds on each side and then rinsing the lens before storing.
- Use only the solution recommended by the doctor.
- Change the solution daily.
- Keep your storage case clean and replace it every 3 months.
- Do not sleep in your lenses unless approved by the doctor.
- Do not swim or use the hot tub in your lenses. If you plan to swim in your lenses, the doctor will advise you on
- the healthiest approach.
- Never use tap water on your lenses.
- Do not use medicated drops with your contacts, unless approved by your eye doctor.
Comfort Tip: To eliminate lint trapped under the lens, gently side the lens off the cornea and then back into place. This will flush tears beneath the lens, which often alleviates the irritation.
Remember to use UV filtering sunglasses to protect the health of your eyes. Polarized sunglasses are recommended for optimal glare reducing performance.
Remove your lenses and call our office at (509) 448-7300 if you experience any pain, excessive redness, mucus discharge, or reduced vision!