We’re BIG on Giving Back!
Dr. Heavin Maier and Eyes For Life are committed to making a difference and giving back, both in the local community and worldwide.
Every year since 2011 Eyes For Life has donated 10% of our profits to charity organizations, by utilizing feedback from you!
For 2021, each employee has researched and chosen a charity that they are most passionate about. At your appointment we ask that you vote with your dollar for which charity you would like Eyes For Life to contribute too. For every new frame sold, Eyes for Life will donate $10 to the charity you selected from our employee created list. Below is the list of charities chosen by our team.
Vanessa Behan provides safety for children, strengthens families and creates a healthier community in an environment of unconditional love
Women and Children’s Free Restaurant and Community Kitchen:
Women and Children’s Free Restaurant and Community Kitchen is a vital safety net which fills nutritional gaps for women and children in need while fostering dignity and respect, both within our restaurant and in the community.
Chasing Coral: We create and strengthen leadership and communities that respect and protect wilderness for the benefit of all life on Earth.
The Native Project:
The NATIVE Project provides medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, patient care coordination, wellness, and prevention services for both Natives and Non-Natives in the Spokane community.
Lutheran Community Services Northwest:
Partnering with individuals, families and communities for health, justice and hope.
WHEN (Women’s Healing & Empowerment Network):
WHEN is a first-line response to ending violence against women, men, and children. WHEN offers a variety of programs to educate and inform both victims and offenders of mental and physical abuse.
Women’s Global Empowerment Fund:
The Women’s Global Empowerment Fund gives women the tools necessary to alleviate said poverty, creating sustainable development and empowerment. Their goal is to work for social justice, increased human security and women’s empowerment.
The Issac Foundation:
The Issac Foundation provide financial, emotional and educational resources to families, teachers and first responders for children diagnosed with autism so they can receive critical therapy interventions around the local region.
Habitat for Humanity Spokane:
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
YWCA Spokane is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and standing up for social justice, helping families, and strengthening communities.
Meals on Wheels Spokane:
Meals on wheels provides meals for our local Veterans and Elderly in need. These meals are often the only “Hot Meals” they will have. They get their meals delivered directly to their door so for those who are not ambulatory or do not drive, this program can be a life saver.
Scraps Hope Foundation:
(SHF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Spokane County Regional Animal Protection Service (SCRAPS) in their efforts to care for lost and abandoned animals throughout Spokane County.
The MAC Foundation financially supports the Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture as it actively engages all people in appreciation of arts and culture through collections stewardship, exhibits, and programs that educate and entertain.
2020 Charity Donation Recipients –
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery – Keeping Kids Safe
- Deer Park Ambulance – Dedicated to our community, our personnel, our profession
- International Justice Mission – Every person deserves to be free from violence
- Wishing Star Foundation – Where the wish is only the beginning
- Vitalant – Transform a life, and your own. Give Blood
- Love 11 – Help Micah’s spirit live on
- Free Rein – Therapeutic Riding
- American Childhood Cancer Organization – Because kids can’t fight cancer alone
- Ronald McDonald House Charities – Keeping families with sick children together & near the care & resources they need.
- The Isaac Foundation – Providing support and advocacy for patients and families coping with rare diseases.
- Union Gospel Mission – Reaching the poor with the love and power of the gospel
- SNAP – Neighbors by your side
- Artisans – Employment support services
2019 Charity Donation Recipients –
- USA for UNHCR (The United Nations High Commission on Refugees)
- Optometry Giving Sight
- Lutheran Community Services
- Double J Dog Ranch
- Union Gospel Mission
- A Cup of Cool Water
- Vorpahl Wings
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery
- Feed My Starving Children
- American Red Cross
- Journey to Bethlehem
- Spokane Area Youth Choir
- The Jonah Project
- Pioneer School
- Deer Park Volunteer Ambulance
- Joya Child and Family Develoment (Formerly Spokane Guild School)
- Providence Health Care Foundation
- Dishman Hills Conservatory
- Christ Kitchen
- The Oaks Classical Christian School
- Doctors Without Borders