The Outdoors Are Calling You!
At Eyes For Life, we offer unique eyewear options for the active lifestyle you love to live.
Do you enjoy starting or ending your day in the outdoors? Exercise, sports or extreme outdoor activities require more out of your eyewear. Your day to day eyewear often does not meet the needs or demands of these before/after work activities.
Find eyewear that stays put.
Active lifestyles = movement! But, movement on your eyewear can hinder your freedom, speed, accuracy or comfort. We have good news! You have eyewear options! One of the best options is a wraparound fit.
Wraparounds are designed to fit more securely, which reduces jostling while you run along the Centennial Trail, kayak the river or lake, play soccer on a grassy field, bike for miles, hike the mountain, rock climb, or whatever it is you love to do. An added bonus to the wraparound is that it decreases sun and dust exposure for increased protection.
Choose the right lens.
Comfort from the glare, safety and clarity of vision are all important in selection the best lens for your active eyewear.
- Polarized lenses are designed to reduce the glare from the sun. We all know that reducing glare improves comfort and visual clarity.
- Mirror lenses are able to block stronger glare, such as snowy surroundings or higher altitudes.
- Polycarbonate lenses are shatter resistant and are recommended for active lifestyles, especially in the outdoors.
- For those of you who want the ease of indoor/outdoor transition, photochromic lenses will remain light when indoors or in darker settings and will darken automatically when you in the sun.
Consider lens coatings options to enhance your eyewear.
Some recommended coatings are:
- Hydrophobic lens coating helps repel water and sweat.
- Anti-fog lens coating helps reduce the effects of steam, rain and fog.
- Anti-scratch lens coating is very common and recommended for both day to day eyewear and activewear to prolong the life of your lenses and protect your visual clarity.
If wearing glasses creates too much interference, consider switching to contact lenses!
Whether you are looking for the perfect active eyewear, want to try out contact lenses or have both as options, we can help!
At Eyes For Life, our doctors and staff are highly knowledgeable, experienced and friendly, and we want to help you live life to the fullest with the best possible vision. Come and see what we can do for you! Contact us at (509) 448-7300, or schedule your appointment online!